Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Assignment for Digital Photography


First I have to say the hardest part of this assignment was not 'playing' with the photos in the editing program. I really wanted them to be Black and White. I know I could have shot in B&W but I would rather have a color photo and change it to B&W in the editing program. Usually when I take pictures of something I take them from all kinds of angles even if I don't think that they will work. Its amazing what you can get from the least likely shots. It was nice to have an excuse to get camera out.
As far as angles go when taking a shot, I think that subtle differences can change the mood and the message of the photo. I did a couple of full body shots also and the ones from the back gave a completely different impression than the ones from the front.
Depending on lighting, different angles can help to lighten shadows or deepen them. My philosophy is take lots of shots and play with them to see what you can get.

7 comments:

  1. I just want to say Thank You! to my daughter Taylor for being patient enough to sit for these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to put which one was my favorite in my post with the pictures. I like the one on the bottom best. I like the composition and the light and shadows in it better than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amanda,
    I love your blog. I agree, I like the bottom one. I love the composition and the softness of the colors. The emphasis is on the eye and the lips.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to agree, I also like the bottom photo the best. The top photo is good too though, it gives an essence of "senior photo" while the bottom photo shows more emotion and perhaps a sense of innocence. Great job on the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bottom photo. I can see the difference between the two pictures. Even though there are two different angles from which the picture was taken, the light variation is very noticable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed with everyone I love the bottom photo, and the deep emotions that it portrays. If you wanted to edit them you definitely should have and just kept a copy of the originals, and posted all of them together (edited and originals). I would have loved to see them edited, in black and white especially. Keep up the good work, looks great so far.

    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for all the comments. I have a portfolio started and will be adding to it as I go along. Chelsea, I will be editing those pics and when I do I will be sure to post them so everyone can see them :)

    ReplyDelete