Friday, November 12, 2010

Week 10 Digital Photography Assignment Paint & Text

This is the original base photo that I used for this weeks project.

I took a photo of the wing of a butterfly to use for the project.


I did a lot of different things to this photo. I cloned different parts of the water to cover up parts of the bathing suit. I also cloned the skin on her back and got rid of the texture of the bathing suit so that I had a clean slate to start from. I darkened her skin by using the adjustments in Exposure. I then copy and pasted the wings in and cloned some of the spots from the wings on to her back. I copy and pasted the antennas on her and changed the perspective on one of them in Transform. I played with different adjustments to each of the images. The last thing I did was add the text and to add some interest to the text I played around with the drop shadow and inner glow.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great photo combo. You did a great job of using two very different photos with different lighting and color schemes and then uniting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combonation of wings on a person. The wording on the bottom really suits the photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good use of the tools to combine these two photographs. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for you comments. I thoroughly enjoyed creating this image and am glad you enjoyed it too :)

    ReplyDelete