Sunday, October 3, 2010

Digital Photography Assignment Lighting

Note: Not editing was done to these photos except to crop them.


This one was taken at night after it was fully dark and it was lightly raining. I used my flash to lend the subject enough light to be seen. I don't really care for this one because the lighting is 'unnatural' and it is obvious that it was lit by a flash.


This one was taken in the early afternoon. The rain had stopped but it was very cloudy and everything was covered in rain water. The colors are pretty true in this shot and you get to see the water hanging off some of the grass. This shot is what it is but doesn't really move beyond that.



This photo was taken just before sunrise on the first morning after all the rain. It was very foggy. the combination of the fog and soft lighting subdued all the colors. It gives the picture an almost vintage and relaxed feeling. If I did any editing to this I would probably deepen the mid tones to lend it a little more 'mood'.


This was taken the same morning as the one above this one, but about a half-an-hour later. This is my favorite shot out of all of them. I really like the way it is back lit and the prisms from the sun reach around in front of the chair. I also love the way the sun is coming from behind the chair and the arm of the chair.

6 comments:

  1. I love the sequence you did with the chair it so nice. The top photo gives such a sad vibe to me. The bottom one with the rays of the sun coming through the chair make me feel like the chair is not only beginning a new day, but also a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I think that these are great pictures. You really captured the times of the day. :O)
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at your photos...they are very professional looking...even in their natural habitat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The above are a rather forlorn looking collection of photos, particularly the photo taken just before sunrise as the lighting washes out the bright red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Melanie that they look very professional. It shows that you put alot of time and energy into taking the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like them all. The first picture is interesting because the chair, lighting and the way the flash makes the picture appear it looks like it should be in a scary movie. I also liked the last one because of the way the light shines through.

    ReplyDelete