Sunday, October 17, 2010

Landscapes for Digital Photography






These are the ones I liked the best from what I took this week. I wasn't particularly pleased with any of them except maybe the ancient cemetery ones. I like landscapes but prefer to have some other subject in the foreground like in the cemetery shots. Without the subject I am slightly bored with it as far as looking at it like a work of art. If I were looking to put together a calender or a photo book about Vermont it would be different. For me to be happy with a landscape I shoot it needs to hold a kind of tension or conflict. It should push or pull at the viewer, but maybe it is me being too picky.

3 comments:

  1. I love the panorama cemetery view and especially in light of the Halloween season the cropped black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the panoramic shot of the cemetery. The main head stones in front, leading to a middle ground with various headstones and the colorful hills in the background. This picture has real depth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for the comments. I plan on heading back to cemetery on the night of the 23rd as long as it is not completely overcast. There is supposed to be a full moon and night shots are one of the areas in photography that I need to do more of.

    ReplyDelete